IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training. You’ll find a practical program, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across the whole organisation.
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing is for managers and supervisors working in any sector, and for any organisation. It’s designed to provide them with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across their organisation. They won’t suddenly become health and wellbeing experts – but it will help them to become line managers who truly care about the health and wellbeing of an organisation’s most important asset – its people.
Did you know: “69% of Managers have not been trained to recognise poor mental health in their employees!” IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing provides practical advice and tools for managers to help create a healthy and productive place of work.
What are the benefits of the Intellelearn Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course?
Benefits to the learner:
- Effectively manage health and wellbeing risks
- Understand your own and other’s responsibilities in creating a Great Place to Work
- Manage fluctuations in people’s health status and assess their fitness for work
- Measure your own performance as a manager or supervisor
- Learn how to help team members return to work after illness
- Discover how to recognise a ‘well’ employee
- Reflect on good practice, both personally and organisation-wide
Benefits to the organisation:
- Practical advice and tools for your managers to create a healthy, productive workplace
- Improve health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation
- Fewer hours lost due to ill health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders
Is this course accredited and recognised?
Yes, this course is fully approved and certificated by IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health). Once you have passed the course, we notify IOSH and they will send you a certificate to your home address. This £25.00 cost is fully included in the price you have paid. You don’t pay another penny more!
Intellelearn is an IOSH Approved Partner so you know our IOSH course and tutors are fully quality assured. We are experts in helping you with your IOSH course management.
How long will this course take me?
This IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing online course will take approximately 6 hours. This is all dependent upon your current knowledge and understanding of the subject but you don’t have to do it all in one go. We build our courses using the latest Stop-Start technology so you can go at your own pace on whatever device you want. From purchase, you have a full 6 months to complete the course.
Who should take this course?
Employers, Managers and Supervisors. In fact, this course will help any person understand how they can help make their workplace a Great Place to Work. This course is also ideal for any small business owners who want the tools and techniques to make their company the bees knees!
This IOSH approved Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across the whole organisation.
This IOSH Occupational Health and Wellbeing course is divided into 8 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a 45 minutes long final assessment that uses IOSH approved questions.
The learner will be able to:
1.1 State what health management is and explain why it makes good business sense to have a good health profile
1.2 Summarise occupational safety and health and employment requirements and describe what to consider in a health needs assessment
1.3 Describe how the vision and direction of an organisation influence health and wellbeing in the workplace
2.1 Relate health hazards to different categories and explain their causes and impact
2.2 Carry out a health risk assessment identifying the hazards, risks and controls and recognise any specific health risks that need to be prioritised
2.3 Explain ways to monitor health risks in a risk management process and state who can provide help with managing occupational health and wellbeing issues
3.1 List types of common non-work-related physical and mental health conditions and describe how they impact fitness for work
3.2 Describe the requirements and types of health assessments for specific worker groups
3.3 Describe the components of a drug and alcohol policy and testing process and explain how to manage results
3.4 Explain ways to conduct absence management and recognise the benefits of getting people back to work
4.1 Explain the aims and business benefits of a workplace wellbeing programme and how to promote and monitor it
4.2 Describe easy health choices and how they can enable a healthy lifestyle
4.3 Recognise mental health issues and explain how to approach the employee to find a way forward
4.4 Describe how the workplace culture and leaders’ attitudes and behaviours influence overall wellbeing.
This IOSH Occupational Health and Wellbeing online course is accessed through your personal learner account and you will be instantly provided with the easy to use login details. The course is divided into modules and short quizzes throughout to test your knowledge. Once you have progressed through each of the modules, you can access a timed Final Assessment which consists of approved questions based on the material that you have studied.
You will receive your fully accredited and certified certificate within 14 days of successful completion of the course.
At Intellelearn, we are proud of our 100% success rate. Remember: your success is our success!
The benefits of Intellelearn courses:
- This course is the latest IOSH Occupational Health and Wellbeing syllabus
- Intellelearn is an IOSH Approved Partner so you know our IOSH course and tutors are fully quality assured
- We use the latest ‘stop-start’ technology so you can go entirely at your own pace
- The course is 100% online so no need to attend a classroom
- The course works on all devices
- You can enrol and start your course now!
- You get a full 6 months to complete your course so no time pressure
- Includes the £25.00 IOSH course registration fee
- Includes the latest IOSH Occupational Health and Wellbeing Final Assessment
- No hidden charges- the price you pay is for everything!