This online Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course is essential for anybody wanting to advance their career in the Food and Drink Industry. The course is also ideal for people running their own business and wanting to operate legally and safely.
Is this course accredited and recognised?
Yes, this course is fully approved and certificated by both IIRSM and CPD. Employers universally accept this qualification. You will be able to instantly download and print your Food Hygiene Level 3 certificate as soon as you successfully complete the course.
How long will this course take me?
Approximately 4-8 hours depending upon your current knowledge and experience. But you don’t have to do it all in one go. Our online courses use the latest stop-start technology so you can learn at your own pace.
Who should take this course?
This Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course should be taken by Managers and Supervisors in all Catering and Hospitality or other businesses in the Food and Drink industry. You should also take this course if you own a business in any of the Food and Drink sectors. This course also ensures compliance with Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 – the hygiene of foodstuffs.
What happens if I don’t pass?
If you don’t pass, we give you your money back. It’s that simple. But don’t worry, our experts are here to help you to succeed. We guarantee your success.
We build our online courses so that you’re able to better retain what you learn. This online course is divided into 17 easy to follow interactive modules with a ‘knowledge checker’ after each topic. It includes a multiple-choice test at the end. The course covers the following:
✔️ Introduction to Supervising Food Hygiene
✔️ Food Safety Legislation
✔️ Food Contamination
✔️ Controlling Contamination
✔️ Food Poisoning and Food-Borne Illness
✔️ Non-Bacterial Food Poisoning
✔️ Temperature Control
✔️ Checking, Verifying and Recording Temperatures
✔️ Food Preservation
✔️ Premises and Equipment Design
✔️ Waste, Cleaning and Disinfection
✔️ Pest Control
✔️ Personal Hygiene
✔️ Training Staff
✔️ Implementing a Food Hygiene Management System in a food catering business
✔️ Food Hygiene Management Tools
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this online Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course you will be able to:
- Categorise food into four distinct food groups
- Have knowledge of the way that bacteria can affect food and make it unfit for consumption, plus know how to control the risk
- Limit allergens from contaminating food
- Understand the basics of personal hygiene and why it is important
- Identify what is required from food premises for it to be food-safe
- Effectively clean equipment and the premises to stop bacterial growth and cross-contamination
- Explain the basics of a HACCP food safety management system and recognise the tools that can be used to do so
- Understand different ways in which food can be cooked, reheated or held
- Have an awareness of the relevant food hygiene legislation and how it can be complied with
- Be able to state the safe temperatures for cooking, chilling and freezing food and understand how to take temperature readings
- Know what the law requires in regards to personal hygiene when working in a food catering business
This Food Hygiene for Catering Level 3 course is accessed through a dedicated learner portal, and you will be instantly provided with the easy to use login details. The course is divided into bite-sized modules with a short quiz at the end of each. Once you have progressed through each of the modules, you can access a Test which consists of multiple-choice questions based on the material that you have studied. Once you have passed the course, you can instantly download and print your certificate.
We are dedicated to helping you succeed. Our course includes dedicated tutor support and they are available to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
Remember: your success is our success!